Trump Is Winning The Fight Against Offshore Wind Despite Court Losses
By Mark Chediak Jan 18, 2026 (Bloomberg) –President Donald Trump’s campaign against offshore wind power in the US sustained major setbacks
By Mark Chediak Jan 18, 2026 (Bloomberg) –President Donald Trump’s campaign against offshore wind power in the US sustained major setbacks
The U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia has granted Empire Offshore Wind LLC a preliminary injunction allowing construction to resume on the
New York Attorney General Letitia James has filed two federal lawsuits challenging the Trump administration’s stop-work orders on major offshore wind
Equinor ASA said its Empire Wind project faces “likely termination” if the Trump administration’s decision to halt construction on its offshore wind farm
Empire Offshore Wind LLC filed a civil suit in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on Friday, challenging the Department of the Interior’s
The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority announced a $300 million competitive solicitation on Friday to support maritime port development
Singapore-based Seatrium Limited has escalated its legal battle with Maersk Offshore Wind by filing a notice of arbitration against the Danish shipping
Seatrium Limited announced it received a notice of arbitration from Maersk Offshore Wind over a dispute regarding the termination of a contract for a nearly
Rhode Island, Connecticut and an Orsted A/S-backed wind farm venture are suing the Trump administration in an effort to revive construction of an
Equinor has reported a significant impairment of $763 million related to its Empire Wind 1 offshore wind project and South Brooklyn Marine Terminal development
Equinor has officially launched the Service Operations Vessel (SOV) ECO Liberty for deployment in its Empire Wind offshore wind project in New York. The
Equinor ASA expects its $5 billion wind project off New York — blocked then unblocked by the Trump administration — to proceed as planned, but said further
A crew member has died following a maritime incident aboard the US-flagged Tidewater vessel POLARIS on June 2, while conducting operations in the Atlantic
U.S. energy company Williams Cos WMB.N said on Thursday it was working with federal and state regulators to revive two previously canceled natural
The Trump administration is allowing construction to resume on a $5 billion wind farm off Long Island after reaching a deal with New York Governor Kathy Hochul
The Department of the Interior’s Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) has lifted the stop work order on the Empire Wind project, allowing
One of the world's top offshore wind developers, Germany's RWE, has stopped work on its U.S. projects for now in light of recent moves against the industry
Construction activities for the Empire Wind project off New York’s coast have been suspended following a halt work order from the U.S. government,
Equinor has secured over $3 billion in project financing for its Empire Wind 1 project, marking a significant milestone in U.S. offshore wind development. The
Equinor has announced a landmark project labor agreement (PLA) with the Building & Construction Trades Council of Greater New York and Vicinity (BCTC) for
Essential news coupled with the finest maritime content sourced from across the globe.
Sign Up