Welcome to this weeks edition of “In Case You Missed It…”, a new series posted every Friday that highlights the weeks top 10 news items on gCaptain.com. In this series, we will also have a look at the latest jobs posted to the gCaptain Job Board, and the latest discussions going on in the gCaptain Forum. Enjoy!
Top Ten News Items of The Week:
- Ship owners pressure governments to step up fight against piracy
- Maritime Industry ‘Sail-In’ calls at 161 Congressional offices
- Let’s Put An End To The 6&6 Watch Schedule
- Navy Christens Destroyer Named After Navy SEAL Killed in Afganistan
- Incident Photos – French Navy Disrupts Suspected Pirate Mothership
- Vantage Places Order For Ultra-Deepwater Drillship
- Security Breach – Gulf Of Aden AIS Feed Is Now Public
- Exclusive Interview With Deepwater Horizon Survivors Brent Mansfield & Christopher Choy
- Federal Investigators Breach Ports With Counterfeit TWICs
- BNWAS – Can The Bridge Navigational Watch Alarm System Prevent Fatigue?
- Maritime Unions Enter The Drillship Market
New jobs posted by:
Talk on the Forum: 22 new discussions on the Forum this week!
Special thanks to gCaptain’s Sponsors: Houston Maritime Lawyer Gordon & Elias, Global Martime And Transportation School, Gibbs and Cox, Faststream Recruitment, Navy Recruiting District – New England, and Maritime Professional Training.
Want more gCaptain?