Top 10 USCG Resuces of 2007 – Video
The US Cost Guard gives us their Top 10 Rescues of 2007:
1. Coast Guard rescue crews assist with over 160 rescues in the flood-ravaged Pacific Northwest.
Lewis County, Wash.
2. A Coast Guard boat crew rescues three victims moments before their capsized boat sinks.
Little Egg, N.J.
3. Coast Guard air and boat crews team up to free a sailboat pinned against jagged rocks by heavy surf.
Lopez Island, Wash.
*Our Friend Richard Rodriguez assisted on this rescue.
4. Working with local authorities, a Coast Guard air crew rescues two young boys and two men caught in the current beneath a dam.
Bay City, Texas
5. Coast Guard air crews from Florida provide humanitarian relief in the Dominican Republic after Tropical Storm Noel.
San Jose de Ocoa, Dominican Republic
6. The crew of the Coast Guard Cutter Liberty rescues dozens after the cruise ship Empress of the North ran aground and began taking on water.
Icy Strait Point, Alaska
7. Coast Guard crews from across the Midwest provide mass evacuations when flooding left victims stranded and in peril in the across several.
8. A Coast Guard air crew rescues a woman attempting to row across the Pacific Ocean after her capsized in heavy seas.
90 miles west of Humbolt Bay, Calif.
9. A Coast Guard air crew sets an altitude record while rescuing an injured hunter from the summit of a mountain.
Brother Mountain, Wash.
10. A Coast Guard air crew rescues two men so far from shore they had to stop to refuel at a oil rig on the way back.
130 miles south of Galveston, Texas
Sign up for our newsletter
Be the First
Join the 68,580 members that receive our newsletter.
Have a news tip? Let us know.