Ask a Maritime Expert. Response Guaranteed
Need background information for your newspaper, blog, research paper…?
Need help with your job search, career plans, maritime training, coast guard licensing….?
We are trying a new feature at gCaptain; Ask a Maritime Expert. The response to gCaptain has been extraordinary, well beyond my expectations. So far we have built a subscriber list filled with talented maritime professionals.
Recent members include:
- Harbor Pilot
- Chief Engineer
- Marine Biologist
- Workboat Captain
- Shipping Company Owner
- USN Command Master Chief
- Dynamic Positioning Operator
- USCG Civilian Licensing Official
- Master Mariners from numerous vessel types
This is the short list! So if you have a question about Ships or the Maritime Industry post the question to our forum. If you are not happy with the response or have a private question email us (tips at gCaptain.com) and we’ll forward your request to a U.S. Coast Guard licensed Master Mariner. If you’re still not satisfied your welcome to call us hacks on or forum.
Things to remember:
- We work on large ocean going ships so we’re probably not qualified to answer questions about recreational boating…. that is unless it’s how to avoid a ship while boating ;)
- We don’t have all the answers…. but we can usually tell you where to look.
- It’s a forum; so be prepared for uncensored responses.
- This is a free service so the contents of the response are not guaranteed, only the fact that you’ll receive on is!
Interested in writing an article for gCaptain’s blog? If your story is accepted and published you will be automatically listed in our Maritime Expert section.
Sign up for our newsletter
Be the First
Join the 64,765 members that receive our newsletter.
Have a news tip? Let us know.