Officials Urge Preparedness as Hurricane Season 2023 Kicks Off
With the start of summer season, also comes the start of hurricane season. June 1 marks the official start of hurricane season, lasting until the end of November. The National...
Here is a list of gCaptain’s picks for the most interesting ways to track Hurricane Dean.
1) IBISeye.com’s Hurricane Tracker. Click on past and future tracking points for more detail on the storm.
2) Unisys’s 2007 Hurricane Tracks. This chart shows the complete tracks of all 2007 Atlantic ocean hurricanes to date.
3) Predicted Routes Chart. Plotted by Southern Florida’s weather center this chart overlays the different computer predictions onto one chart. Mostly it shows how inaccurate computer based weather modeling is today.
4) NOAA Satellite Image of Hurricane Dean. Click on the photo to see the Hi Resolution version.
5) NOAA’s GEOS IR Loop showing satellite IR views of Hurricane Dean.
Best Tracking Websites:
All of these links can be found on gCaptain’s Weather Links Page
Join the 88,338 members that receive our newsletter.
Have a news tip? Let us know.