Danish shipping conglomerate A.P. Moller – Maersk on Tuesday announced a new organization structure with the appointment of 15 executive leaders responsible for continuing to execute Maersk’s integrated container logistics strategy.
The changes, which will be effective from February 1, 2023, follows the appointment of Vincent Clerc as CEO of Maersk, replacing Soren Skou who took over as CEO in 2016 and was responsible for overseeing Maersk’s transition thus far. Clerc is now 10 days into his new role, having taken the helm as of January 1st.
“The business has executed well during the past years, and we have a highly engaged and competent global team ready for the next miles of our transformations,” says Clerc. “We face a challenging global economic outlook, a softening market and at the same time our customers are looking to radically improve their supply chains to make them more resilient and agile. This creates urgent needs as well as unique opportunities. To navigate through and beyond this environment, we will intensify our focus on cost discipline and service quality while increasing customer centricity, and decision power in the front line. Hence, I am very pleased to announce our new Executive Leadership Team.”
The new Executive Leadership Team will “jointly own” the execution of Maersk’s integrator strategy and is “composed to create strong alignment across the enterprise as well as clear ownership and accountability for key aspects of the next phase of Maersk’s strategy,” Maersk said in a statement.
The executive appointments are as follows:
- Vincent Clerc – Chief Executive Officer of A.P. Moller – Maersk
- Aymeric Chandavoine – President, Europe Region
- Caroline Pontoppidan – Chief Corporate Affairs Officer & General Counsel
- Ditlev Blicher – President, Asia Pacific Region
- Henriette H. Thygesen – Chief Delivery Officer
- Johan Sigsgaard – Chief Product Officer – Ocean
- Karsten Kildahl – Chief Commercial Officer & Latin America, Africa, and West-Central Asia
- Katharina Poehlmann – Head of Strategy
- Keith Svendsen – Chief Executive Officer of APM Terminals
- Narin Phol – President, North America Region
- Navneet Kapoor – Chief Technology & Information Officer
- Patrick Jany – Chief Financial Officer
- Rabab Boulos – Chief Infrastructure Officer
- Rotem Hershko – Chief Product Officer – Logistics & Services
- Silvia Ding – Head of Transformation
- Susana Elvira Meire – Chief People Officer
“This team includes leaders with a long tenure within Maersk, and leaders with experience from outside the company, bringing increased diversity of thought, age, gender and nationality,” adds Clerc. “Together with the team, I look very much forward to continuing our strong momentum into the next phase of our strategy and I am excited to get to work in the new structure and together with all Maersk colleagues accelerate our business transformation.”
Monthly Insights from the Helm
Dive into a sea of information with our meticulously curated weekly “Dispatch” email. It’s more than just a newsletter; it’s your personal maritime briefing.