Dutch shipbuilder Royal IHC launched the trailing suction hopper dredger (TSHD) JUN YANG 1 this past Saturday at their shipyard in Kinderdijk, the Netherlands for CCCC Guangzhou Dredging (GDC) of China.
Upon delivery, the JUN YANG 1 will be the largest vessel of its kind in China. The vessel will come equip with two suction tubes each with its own dredging pump, allowing tandem dredging depths to 60 meters, or 90 meters for the starboard tube.
Including the JUN YANG 1, IHC has built 19 vessels for GDC dating back some 40 years. Delivery is scheduled for July 2016.
JUN YANG 1 Main features
- Name: JUN YANG 1
- Length: approx. 167.5m
- Breadth, moulded: 31m
- Depth, moulded: 12.2m
- Mean moulded draught at International Freeboard:approx. 8.75m
- Mean moulded draught at dredging mark: approx. 11m
- Loading capacity at 11m draught: 31,500t
- Hopper capacity at highest overflow level: 21,028m3
- Inside diameter of trailing suction pipe (2): 1,200/1,100mm
- Dredging depth: 40/60/90m
- Trial speed: 16.3 knots
- Accommodation: 45 people
The vessel has been be designed and constructed under survey and to the requirements of the China Classification Society (CCS) with the following notations:
- CSA Trailing Suction Hopper Dredger, Dredging within R1, PSPC (B)
- CSM BRC
Photos courtesy Royal IHC