Shipping company Wallenius Wilhelmsen has announced a new management team and company structure, effective from March 30.
The changes are aimed at strengthening the company’s existing business, focusing on a transition to zero-emission and scaling up digital excellence in developing and delivering services to customers.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen is a global shipping and logistics company that specializes in the transportation of cars, trucks, boats, and other rolling cargo. The company operates a fleet of around 125 vessels, plus eight terminals and 66 processing centers.
“We delivered record results in 2022. We continue to see strong demand for our services and also expect strong results going forward,” says CEO Lasse Kristoffersen. “The new company structure will enable us to deliver in the short term and help us develop our ambitions in the medium to long term. We will lead the way in transforming shipping and logistics towards a decarbonized, digital and resilient future.”
Kristoffersen believes climate change is the biggest challenge facing the company, and as a result, the company has established a new task force, the Orcelle Accelerator, to ensure a quicker transition to green fuels and introduce zero-emission, end-to-end services, by 2027.
“We want to be a ‘shaper’ in the fight against climate change. It could be a car, an excavator, or a battery pack, they all need to be emission free in the future. Shipping and logistics need to be zero emission,” Kristoffersen says.
The company has also established a new business unit to develop and scale new digital supply chain solutions, and a strong, integrated marketing and communications team.
Executive Management Team
The new Group Executive Management will consist of:
- Chief Financial Officer, Torbjørn Wist, who is responsible for treasury, IR, finance and accounting, tax and global business performance (including M&A and enterprise risk)
- Chief People and Corporate Affairs Officer, Wenche Agerup, who is responsible for driving all efforts on people development, compliance and legal matters
- Chief Communications and & Marketing Officer, Anette M. Koefoed, who is responsible for all marketing and communication externally and internally
- Chief Technology and Information Officer, Gro Rognstad (acting), who is responsible for building and operating world class digital infrastructure, applications and acceleration
- Chief Customer Officer, Pia Synnerman, who is responsible for sales and business development towards our customers
- Chief Operating Officer Shipping, Xavier Leroi, who is responsible for all shipping activities in Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, EUKOR and Armacup
- Chief Operating Officer Logistics, Mike Hynekamp, who is responsible for all marine terminals, auto and equipment processing centers as well as inland transport
- Chief Operating Officer – Digital Supply Chain Solutions, Mike Hynekamp, who is responsible for developing and delivering digital supply chain solutions
Sign up for our newsletter