Technip was awarded by Statoil a contract, valued above â‚¬150million, for the major Ã…sgard Subsea Compression project located in the Norwegian Sea, 40 kilometers East of the Ã…sgard field, at a water depth of 340 meters. The contract covers the installation of the subsea compression system and its connection to the existing subsea infrastructure and the Ã…sgard platform.
The contract includes:
- Fabrication, installation and tie-in of pipeline spools(1) including protection covers,
- Installation of power cables and umbilicals(2).
It also comprises options for the following works:
- Engineering, fabrication and supply of a special handling system (SHS) for the installation and retrieval of the subsea compression system modules,
- Initial installation of the subsea compression system modules.
Technip’s operating centers in Oslo and Stavanger, Norway will execute the contract. Offshore construction will take place in 2013 and 2014. The contract also includes options for the IMR(3) stand-by vessel until 2018.
- Spool: short length pipe connecting a subsea pipeline and a riser, or a pipe and a subsea structure.
- Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or thermoplastic hoses which can also include electrical cables or optic fibres used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
- IMR: Inspection, Maintenance and Repair. Routine inspection and servicing of offshore installations and subsea infrastructures.
Sign up for our newsletter