The Picchiotti Exuma, the 3rd yacht of Perini’s Vitrivius-series is the temperate-climate version of her 55-meter ice-class sibling and was widely praised this year at the 2011 Showboats Design Awards
Exuma, the 50mt Picchiotti motor yacht from the Vitruvius® series is continuing her string of successes winning two more awards for excellence, the Exterior Design & Styling Award: Displacement Motor Yachts 100â€²-199′ and the Environmental Protection Award, during Boat International’s Showboats Design Awards 2011 held on October 26th at the exclusive Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida.
Exuma is the first motor yacht in the new generation Picchiotti Vitruvius® series, fruit of the collaboration between Vitruvius Ltd, Philippe Briand and the Perini Navi Group. This series has been designed for maximum efficiency and total autonomy based on the principals of BOS®, or Briand Optimized Stretched, hulls. Exuma’s aluminium hull has characteristic sleek and slender lines that allow her the benefits of a tonnage of 497 tonnes, a full load displacement of 400 tonnes, a draft of just 2,3mt for navigation in swallow waters, and an autonomy of 6,500 miles at 12 knots.
- Length overall: 164 ft / 50 m
- Waterline length design : 160.38 ft / 48.90 m
- Beam (max): 31.15 ft / 9.50 m
- Draught: 7.54 ft / 2.30 m
- Engines: 970 kW (1300 hp, 1326 cv) @ 1800 rpm CAT C 32 Acert
- Hull/Superstructure construction: Aluminium
- Displacement full load: 400 tons
- Speed at maximum power: 17 knots
- Range: 6.500 Nm @ 12 knots
- Fuel capacity: 75.000 lt
- Fresh water: 17000 lt
Since her launch on July 3rd 2010, Exuma has won many awards and prizes including:
- Motor Yacht of the Year, Boat International’s World Superyacht Awards
- Best Displacement motor yacht of below 500 grt, Boat International’s World Superyacht Awards
- 2011 Rina Green plus Platinum certification (considered to be the highest level of achievement worldwide for respect of the environment)
- Most Innovative Yacht of the Year, 2010 World Yacht Trophy
- Nautical Design Award 2010, Italian magazine Yacht & Sail in collaboration with ADI, the prestigious Italian association for industrial design in recognition of the best in international shipbuilding
Last July the Perini Navi Group launched a new 55mt Ice Class motor yacht, Galileo G, the second yacht in the Vitruvius® series. The third yacht in this series, a 73mt model, is currently under construction with delivery scheduled for 2013.
PERINI NAVI GROUP · PERINI NAVI · PICCHIOTTI · PERINI NAVI ISTANBUL YILDIZ · PERINI NAVI USA
With a fleet of 52 yachts on the water- 50 sailing yachts and two motor yachts- the Perini Navi Group is the world leader in the design and construction of large sailing yachts. In 2007 the Group also began to build motor yachts with the brand name Picchiotti and the series name Vitruvius®, thus re-launching the historic Picchiotti shipyard acquired in the early 1990’s. The Group is made up of the Perini Navi shipyard in Viareggio, founded in the 1980’s by Fabio Perini who invented and developed a revolutionary automatic sail control system. Another division is the Picchiotti shipyard in La Spezia where the Group constructs its motor yachts and concentrates most of its refitting work, and the Perini Istanbul shipyard in Yildiz, Turkey where its hulls and deck structures are produced. Perini Navi USA is a commercial division of the Group through which owners of Perini Navi Group yachts can arrange charters and find brokerage services for both new and previously owned Perini Navi Group yachts.