Image: CIMC Raffles
The semisubermisible crane & accommodation rig OOS GRETHA arrived in Brazil on Sunday, 9 March 2014 after an 11,802 nautical mile journey from Yantai, China which commenced on 29 December. The rig was designed and built by CIMC RAFFLES for Overdulve Offshore Services (OOS International) and is on a long-term charter contract with Petrobras.
OOS Gretha’s sister rig, OOS PROMETHEUS (SSCV H206), arrived in Brazil last month.
- Registry: Marshall Islands.
- Class: ABS A1
- Length: 138 m
- Beam: 81 m
- Height: 39 m (to main deck)
- Accommodation: 618 beds
- Cranes: Huismann 2x 1800 ton (tandem lift 3600 ton).
- Generating power: 8 x 3860 kw.
- Thrusters: DPS3 6x 3.8 Mw fully Azimuth.
- Gangway: Telescopic Hydraulic 36.5 m (+/- 6m ) length.
- Helideck: (1x) suitable for westland EH101 or similar.
The following images are courtesy OOS International:
Sign up for our newsletter