Watch: This Is Why Biden’s $2 Trillion Infrastructure Plan Will Fail
In the United States, we have a problem that’s so BIG and obvious that even Elon Musk can’t see it. Our highways are broken, our streets are clogged with traffic,...
OSLO, Jan 5 (Reuters) – Thorodd Bakken, head of Nordea Norway’s Corporate & Investment Bank, expects more restructuring to take place in the offshore supply shipping industry in 2017, he told Reuters on the sidelines of a business conference on Thursday:
* Markets remain very demanding for offshore supply ship owners and it will continue to be so in 2017, he said
* Expect several restructurings to be completed, though they may be followed by a second or even a third round of restructuring as the market does not seem to improve
* It’s important that consolidation continues, it has started and it will continue
* Hopes Nordea’s loan impairments from oil related industry peaked in 2016
* Some of the key players in the Norwegian offshore supply industry are Farstad, where a refinancing process with Siem Oil Service Invest was terminated on Thursday, Solstad Offshore and Havila Shipping
* Nordea is the Nordic region’s largest bank and the second largest in Norway (Reporting By Stine Jacobsen, writing by Ole Petter Skonnord, editing by Terje Solsvik)
(c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017.
Join the 67,647 members that receive our newsletter.
Have a news tip? Let us know.