Cape Cod Lobsterman Eaten (and Spit Out) By Humpback Whale
A Cape Cod lobster diver is thanking his lucky stars to be alive after he was apparently eaten, and then spit out, by a large humpback whale. The story has...
After a brief hiatus we return to a popular gCaptain feature “Incident Photo Of The Week“. This weeks photo is the aftermath of a 2002 fire aboard the M/V Hanjin Pennsylvania. The reason for the damage? A container filled with fireworks! CargoLAw.com tells us;
Hanjin Pennsylvania fire “has gutted accommodation & engine room” At least 6 rows of containers on deck & under deck have been effected by the blaze, which is understood to have started in a container carrying fireworks & spread to engulf the area immediately forward of the superstructure. But as the ship continues to burn, and salvage crews are still hampered in their attempts to board the vessel to carry out firefighting operations, experts are already suggesting the likely cause of the explosion was not a container full of fireworks.
M/V Hanjin … Mid-Explosion;
For more information on this type of fire download the DNV’s presentation file HERE.
Join the 69,503 members that receive our newsletter.
Have a news tip? Let us know.