Join gCaptain’s Career Page – The Latest Featured Jobs
We invite you to join the gCaptain Career Page.
- When you upload your resume on gCaptain, your contact info WILL REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL until you release it.
- It’s a confidential alternative to LinkedIn.
- gCaptain has BY FAR the biggest audience of any news website in the maritime and offshore industry worldwide, and thus the possibility someone will approach you about an interesting opportunity increases greatly.
It’s important to note that posting your resume or profile on gCaptain doesn’t mean you’re looking for a job, it simply means you’re open to potential opportunities.
We also won’t bombard you with daily job updates, but we’ll make it easy for you to stay up to date with us.
Here’s the latest Featured Job Listings on the gCaptain Job Board for the week ending February 21, 2014.
- Marine Controls Engineer, Technical Marine Service, Inc.
- Port Engineer, McAllister Towing
- Communications Electronics Technician, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Engineer Electronics Technician, Maine Maritime Academy
- Business Development Manager, Atlas Recruiter
- Captain and/or First Mate, Alaska Logistics
- Deckhand (Licensed) for SE Alaska, Overnight Passenger Vessels, Un-Cruise Adventures
- San Francisco Bar Pilot, Board of Pilot Commissioners
- Marine Engineering Systems Analyst, Crowley Maritime
With 372 active listings, the jobs listed above are only the tip of the iceberg… You can also click through to find listings by employer below, or search them all by clicking HERE.
More listings this week from:
WSDOT Ferries Division (Washington State Ferries)
OSG Ship Management
Military Sealift Command
Harley Marine Services
Millennium Maritime Inc.
Harley Marine Gulf
Olympic Tug and Barge
Starlight Marine Services
Westoil Marine Services
T. Parker Host Inc.
Marine Spill Response Corp.
When it comes to using gCaptain’s job board, or any other job board, the question that is hiring managers always ask is, “Who is your audience?”
To help answer that question in greater detail, we went digging into some of our metrics for answers.
In 2012 and 2013, we started asking all new gCaptain newsletter subscribers, of which we now have 15,800, to tell us what their primary job function was upon subscribing. Of the roughly 5,000 recent subscribers, here’s what some of them have said:
- Analyst: 317
- Broker: 137
- Business Development: 373
- Charterer/Voyage Ops: 204
- Deck Officer: 463
- Dynamic Positioning Officer: 158
- Executive: 518
- HSEQ: 123
- Lawyer: 116
- LNG Operations: 79
- Marine Engineer: 428
- Marine Operations Manager – Ashore: 88
- Marine Operations Manager – At Sea: 258
- Naval Architect: 184
- Offshore Drilling: 118
- Offshore Engineer: 102
- Offshore Operations Manager – Ashore: 23
- Offshore Operations Manager – At Sea: 16
- Offshore Installation Manager: 15
- Port Captain/Marine Superintendent: 241
- Port Engineer/Technical Superintendent: 109
- Procurement: 86
- Seagoing Engineer: 105
- Ship Finance: 54
- Shipyard Project Engineer: 93
- Surveyor: 223
- Shipbuilding Executive: 69
- Ship Pilot: 185
- Subsea Engineer: 43
Keep in mind, those people listed above only represent a fraction of those who receive the gCaptain newsletter, which is a tiny fraction of our entire audience.
To give you an idea, since the first of the year gCaptain has received 711,000 unique browsers, 53 percent of those from the Americas, 33 percent from Europe and 8.5 percent from Asia.
Sign up for our newsletter
Be the First
Join the 64,174 members that receive our newsletter.
Have a news tip? Let us know.