Tanker Rates Skyrocket To Fill Colonial Pipeline Shortages
By Elizabeth Low (Bloomberg) Oil tanker charter rates skyrocketed in the U.S. with refiners scrambling for ships to store fuel that has nowhere to go due to a cyberattack on...
NEW YORK, June 20 (Reuters) – Seaway Crude Pipeline Company LLC, a joint venture between Enterprise Products Partners LP and Enbridge Inc, plans to load its first supertanker this month at its Texas City marine terminal:
* VLCC FPMC C Melody will be loaded with about 1.1 million bbls (2-million-bbl capacity); remaining crude to be transferred in a lightering zone
* The VLCC was anchored near Houston as of Wednesday – Thomson Reuters vessel tracking data/shipping source
* Enterprise said Midland-Sealy pipeline reached full service capabilities in April and is currently moving volumes at full capacity
* Enterprise is evaluating an NGL pipeline conversion to crude to add capacity
* Enterprise crude exports were about 724,000 bpd in May-presentation (Reporting by Devika Krishna Kumar in New York; Editing by Dan Grebler)
(c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018.
Join the 68,543 members that receive our newsletter.
Have a news tip? Let us know.