Rendering of the Brandon Bordelon, Screen shot via YouTube
Houston-based Bibby Subsea has signed a three year contract this week with Bordelon Marine to charter the Brandon Bordelon, a US-flagged ultra-light intervention vessel (ULIV). Bibby says their charter commences in August 2015 and will focus on subsea operations in the Gulf of Mexico.
The purpose built, high specification Brandon Bordelon is under construction at Bordelon Marine in Houma, Louisiana and once built, will feature a 60 ton active heave compensated crane, two work-class ROVs plus space for two on deck, and accommodations for 60 personnel to accomplish a variety of operations, including subsea IMR operations (inspection, maintenance and repair), light construction, survey and inspection work.
- DP2 (Marine Technologies)
- Class: ABS
- LOA: 257′
- Beam: 52′
- Draft: 15′
- Dwt: 3,285 LT
- Main Engines: (2) Cummins QSK 60 Tier 3
- Bow Thrusters: (2) STT2 FP 975 HP (708 kW each) Continuous Rating
- Azimuth Thrusters: (2) Schottel 1215, 4400HP Total
- Main Generators: (2) Cummins QSK 38 Tier 3 (975kW each)
Sign up for our newsletter