2012 International Workboat Show: What You May Have Missed
Did you miss out on the International Workboat Show in New Orleans this week? Even for those of you that attended, the show is so massive that there is literally no way you could have caught everything. Not to worry, here is a breakdown of what you may have missed:
TOP NEWS FROM THE 2012 WORKBOAT SHOW:
- WorkBoat announces Top 10 Stories of 2012 at IWBS 2012
- What are your assets worth?
- Gulf rebound continues
- Industry heavyweight to keynote IWBS 2012 today
- USCG’s voluntary inspection program uncovers issues
- Gulf shipyard slots are filled with OSVs
- Harley Marine Services and Harvey Gulf Marine win environmental awards
- WorkBoat names its top 10 boats of 2012
- Towing vessel inspection options: the choices
- Jones Act violations will be punished
- Is natural gas really the fuel of the future?
- OSV operators seek maritime academy grads
WATCH VIDEOS FROM THE SHOW:
- WorkBoat Executive Summit keynoter Michael Mandelbaum says the United States needs to invest in three areas in order to remain a super power.
- Following the Executive Summit, one thing is clear: It’s a good time to be a shipyard.
- Ambassador McCulley says there’s opportunity in Nigeria
- Rolls-Royce and Robert Allan make a deal to develop LNG-powered tug designs
- IWBS 2012, Day 1: What’s the buzz on the WorkBoat Show floor?
- A tour of the Sea Scout
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE SHOWFLOOR:
- Great Lakes Shipyard is hiring
- US Fab to build split-hull dump barge
- New design launched for wind farm service vessels
- Cummins announces two new Tier 3 engines
- Mustang Survival to showcase latest flotation, climate-protection solutions
- Coast Guard Foundation lands $25k grant
- Beier Radio unveils latest DP system
- ABS launches new environmental management system
- ABS offers new guide to dynamic positioning systems
- New heliport lighting system released
- Coastal Marine adds hose-handling cranes and rescue-boat davits
- Cable industry leaders announce partnership
- Rugged QTERM HMIs now ABS classified for marine applications
- AETI announces new M&I vessel management system
- Charlie Hardy retires from Superior Energy Services Marine Division
- Delta “T” offers marine hook load testing
- John Deere announces new engines
- “Marilyn Monroe” joins “Elvis”
- Scania USA announces new engines
- Seakeeper increases productivity for Braveheart vessel
- Tognum upgrades MTU series 4000 workboat engines
- Torqeedo launches new 80hp electric outboard
- Caterpillar and Ariel Corporation announce joint venture
- Dometic launches workboat specific HVAC unit
- GE Marine announces 16 engine deliveries for 2013
- Production of new 144-car ferries on-schedule
- Standard Crane announces new manufacturing facility in Terrebonne Parish
Sign up for our newsletter
Be the First
Join the 64,174 members that receive our newsletter.
Have a news tip? Let us know.