Worldwide Maritime Crime and Piracy Summary, week of 17 February 2011 (source: ONI Maritime OPINTEL Report)
- Fishing vessel was boarded 20 Feb while in the Alfren Okoro field offshore Akwa Ibom.
- Container ship was robbed 23 Feb at Chittagong Port outer limits.
- Container ship was robbed 21 Feb at the Chittagong outer anchorage.
- Container ship (DELMAS KETA) was fired upon 19 Feb approximately 100NM NE of Antisiranana, Madagascar.
- Yacht (QUEST) was hijacked 18 Feb approximately 282NM SE of Sur, Oman.
- Bulk carrier was robbed 19 Feb at Taboneo anchorage.
- Tanker was robbed 17 Feb Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.
- Tug was robbed 14 Feb off Labuan, Malaysia.
- Tug was robbed 17 Feb.
INDIAN OCEAN PIRACY FORECAST:
Weather conditions are expected to remain relatively calm despite the current monsoon season, creating conditions conducive to small boat activity throughout the piracy operating area, particularly in the Arabian Sea, Somali Basin, and Gulf of Aden. When transiting the region, mariners are encouraged to contact UKMTO and all appropriate authorities.