Peel Ports, the UK’s second-largest port group, put together one of the better time-lapse videos we’ve seen recently of the Port of Liverpool, a deepwater port which is currently in the middle of a significant upgrade.
The Liverpool2 Project is expected to be completed in Q3 2015 and includes:
- The construction of a new 854 meter quay wall, designed to accommodate up to 13,500 TEU vessels
- In-filling 17 hectares of newly created land-mass, doubling the current container capacity of the Port of Liverpool
- Dredging a new 16.5 metre deep, 62 metre wide berthing pocket
- Undertaking the dredging of the approach channel to 8 metres below chart datum
- Installation of ship to shore quay side cranes
- Provision of Cantilevered Rail Mounted Gantry Cranes (c-RMG’s)
- Supporting infrastructure works
Peel Ports operates terminals at Belfast, Liverpool, Dublin, Glasgow, Manchester and Sheerness.