ENI Norge and Statoil thankfully did not miss out on the opportunity to profile their latest creation, the Goliat FPSO from her early days in the shipyard at Hyundai Heavy Industries, to her load-out on board the type 0 heavy lift vessel Dockwise Vanguard, to her subsequent arrival 63 days later in Hammerfest, Norway on 17 April 2015.
This cylindrically-shaped floating production unit is planned to operate 85km northwest of Hammerfest for at least a 15 year period.
Facts about the Goliat field development:
- Licensees: Eni Norge AS (operator, 65%) and Statoil Petroleum AS (35%).
- Estimated recoverable oil reserves: 28 million Sm3 /174 million barrels
- Estimated recoverable gas reserves: 8 billion Sm3
- Total development costs: approximately NOK 30 billion
- Annual operating costs: approximately NOK 1 billion
The journalists and filmmakers at Norwegian firm NewsOnRequest provided the following imagery and video:
Watch the full video here: