Since 13 September 2000, Ole Johansson has served as President and CEO of WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ Corporation, one of the most highly respected marine engine manufacturers in the world. Mr Johansson, will not only be celebrating his 60th birthday this June, but also his retirement. The exact timing of his retirement will be announced by Wartsila in the future.
Ole Johansson has worked in various managerial positions in WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ since 1975, including:
- Vice President 1984-86; WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ Diesel Group
- Vice President & Controller 1986-94; Metra Corporation
- Senior Vice President & CFO 1994-96; Metra Corporation
- Executive Vice President & CFO 1996-98; WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ NSD Corporation
- President & CEO 1998-2000
Positions of trust
Chairman of the Board, Outokumpu Oyj; Chairman of the Board, Confederation of Finnish Industries EK; Deputy Chairman of the Board, Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company; Member of the Board, WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ Corporation 2010-; Member of the Board, Technology Industries of Finland; Member of the Board of the Finnish Business and Policy Forum EVA and the Research Institute of the Finnish Economy ETLA.
WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤’s Board of Directors has started the process to appoint a successor for Mr Johansson.