This video from NASA’s Youtube Channel shows footage from cameras mounted on the International Space Station capturing new views of Hurricane Irene at 4:27 p.m. EDT on August 26, 2011. Accompanied by narration from Expedition 28 Flight Engineer Mike Fossum of NASA, the video showed the massive system moving north at 14 miles an hour packing winds of 100 miles an hour some 300 miles south-southwest of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina.
Captain John Konrad is co-founder of Unofficial Networks, Editor In Chief of gCaptain, and author of the book Fire On The Horizon. He is a USCG licensed Master of Unlimited Tonnage and, since graduating from SUNY Maritime College, has sailed a variety of ships from ports around the world.
New Maritime Jobs
- Naval Architect-Gydnia – Flagship Management, LLC – Gdynia, Other / Non-US
- Vessel Operator – Dry Bulk – Flagship Management, LLC – New York, New York
- Cargo Management Executive – Flagship Management, LLC – Germany, Other / Non-US
- Sr. Naval Architect – LNG – Flagship Management, LLC – Houston, Texas
- Port Engineer – Seattle – Flagship Management, LLC – Seattle, Washington
November 5 - 8
November 6 - 8
November 11 - 12
November 13 - 14
November 13 @ 7:00 pm - November 16 @ 9:00 am
- Comment on Britney Spears Music Used to Ward Off Somali Pirates – Reports Addressed by Robert Bejger Robert Bejger
- Comment on Ship Photos of The Day – First Zumwalt Class Stealth Destroyer Launched in Maine by Charlie Johnson Charlie Johnson
- Comment on Canadian Icebreakers Are Key to Increased Shipping in the Arctic by Ricardo Moreno Ricardo Moreno
- Comment on Cargo Ship Catches Fire Near Iceland [PHOTOS] by Ricardo Moreno Ricardo Moreno
- Comment on Kiel Canal Collision: MV Siderfly Damage Worse Than Expected, Waterway Remains Closed by Davey Jones Davey Jones
Click HERE for gCaptain’s free daily newsletter.
Search gCaptainSearch gCaptain…