The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel
- Crosses: Chesapeake Bay
- Length: Two one mile long (1.6 km) tunnels. Length Toll Plaza to Toll Plaza: 20 miles
- Connects: Eastern Shore of Virginia with Hampton Roads, Virginia.
- Opened: April, 1964.
- Cost: $200 million North Bound ,$250 million South Bound.
The Drogden Tunnel
- Crosses: the Oresund strait.
- Length: 4,050 m (13,287 ft)
- Connects: The Danish capital of Copenhagen and the Swedish city of MalmÃ¶.
- Opened: Summer 2000.
- Cost: DKK 30.1 billion entire Ã˜resund connection construction
The Channel Tunnel (The Chunnel)
- Crosses: the English Channel at the Strait of Dover.
- Length: 50.5-kilometre (31.4 mi)
- Connects: Dover in the United Kingdom with Coquelles, Pas-de-Calais near Calais in northern France.
- Opened: May 6, 1994.
- Cost: $15 billion to build.
The Seikan Tunnel
- Crosses: the Tsugaru Strait.
- Length: 23.3-kilometre (14.5 mi)
- Connects: the Japanese island of HonshÅ« and the island of HokkaidÅ.
- Opened: March 13, 1988.
- Cost: ¥538.4 billion (US$3.6 billion)
The Lincoln Tunnel
- Crosses: the Hudson River.
- Length: 1.5-miles long (2.4 km)
- Connects: Weehawken, New Jersey and the borough of Manhattan in New York City.
- Opened: December 22, 1937.
- Cost: $85,000,000
Drogden Tunnel – Photos & Info
Moving the tunnel into place
Drogden Tunnel layout.
The Seikan Tunnel – Photos & Info
The Seikan Tunnel Graph.
Entrance to the Seikan Tunnel.
Map of the Seikan Tunnel.
View from inside the Seikan Tunnel.
Building the Seikan Tunnel.
Channel Tunnel (Chunnel) – Photos & Info
View of the Strait of Dover.
Geological profile of the Chunnel.
Lincoln Tunnel – Photos
View from inside the Lincoln tunnel in New York
The Building of the Lincoln tunnel
Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel – Photos & Info
Ship passing over the Chesapeake Bay Tunnel
Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel Graph
Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel Aerial Photo