Photographer Nick Souza sent us photos today of the arrival of Pasha Hawaii’s newest container/roll-on/roll-off (ConRo) vessel, Marjorie C, on her maiden call at the Port of San Diego last Thursday. She is a U.S. flagged and will sail between the US West Coast and Hawaiian Islands.
The Marjorie C is largest vessel ever built at VT Halter in Pascagoula, Mississippi and based on a design by Grimaldi in Croatia at Uljanik Shipyard. She represents an investment of approximately $200 million by Pasha Hawaii.
- Hailing port: Honolulu
- Length: 692 feet
- Beam: 106 feet
- Draft: 31 feet
- Deadweight: 21,132.5 metric tons
- Stern ramp capacity: 350 metric tons
- Number of decks: 9
- Quarter stern opening: 39’4″ wide x 20’8″ high
- Crane capacity: 40 metric tons
- Container capacity: 1,400 TEUs
- Oversize cargo space: 104,000 sq. ft.
- Stanchion-free decks
- Automobile capacity: 1,100
All images (c) Nick Souza Photography, see more of Nick’s work HERE.