Carisbrooke Shipping took delivery of the first SUPER GREEN 8500 vessel from China’s Jiangsu Yangzijiang Shipbuilding. The vessel was delivered after successful seatrials and started her maiden voyage in the direction of Korea to pick up her first cargo.
Designed by Groot Ship Design, the SUPER GREEN 8500 is a Germanischer Lloyd-classed, 8,500 DWT multi-purpose dry cargo ship. This vessel is powered by the MAK 6M32C Low Emission Engine. The following are the specifications on it’s cargo carrying capacity:
- Single Cargo hold
- Length: 70.00 m (tanktop) / 76.30 m (at tweendeck height)
- Breadth: 13.80 m / 8.28 m
- Height: 11.30 m / 5.30 m
- Vessel totally boxed over a length of 58.80 m (BxH 13.80 x 11.30), narrowing box in front (LxBxH 11.20 x 8.28 x 11.30), lowering box aft (LxBxH 6.30 x 13.80 x 5.30)
- Tweendeck: 12 panels, covering complete hold (LxB 70.00 x 13.80/8.28). Clear height above / below tweendeck 5.27 / 5.35 m
- Grain bulkheads: 4 grain bulkheads, consisting of 8 tweendeck panels.
All images courtesy Carisbrooke Shipping
Latest posts by Rob Almeida (see all)
- Indian Prime Minister Signs MOU At Hyundai Heavy Industries - May 19, 2015
- VARD Delivers 280 Tons Of Bollard Pull To NorSkan - May 19, 2015
- Search for Missing Containership Captain Called Off - May 19, 2015