Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pay Raises Coming?

cajuntugster is offline Old Salt
    Thanks

Default Pay Raises Coming?

Hey all,
    Grapevine has it that GOL has upped AB pay $25 a day, and ECO is soon to give bridge crews $100 a day. Has anyone else heard anything? Can any ECO'ers confirm or deny??
    Share on Facebook

Louis is offline gCaptain Crew
    Thanks

Default Re: Pay Raises Coming?

Don't know about Gol but ECO did a bump starting 12/1
    Share on Facebook

Capt Leigh is offline gCaptain Crew
    Thanks

Otto Candies had a raise effective Nov 1 for all positions across the board, usually means good news industry wide.
    Let's hope we have turned the corner.
    "When it's all said and done,more's said than done"- Anonymous
    Share on Facebook

hawzpiper is offline gCaptain Crew
    Thanks

heard from some of the fellas still on the vessel today (i'm off) that ECO's new rates are as follows AB cooks 280 AB/Riggers 300 QMED 280 no news as of the officers new wages... I
    personally believe ECO should come off it a little more as oceaneering is paying AB's 350-400 and harvey gulf paying AB's 360 there wages are failing to even be competitive.... IMO any other opinions out there???
    Share on Facebook

cajuntugster is offline Old Salt
    Thanks

Harvey Gulfs AB's top out currently at $325 per day. Less on their tugs.
    Share on Facebook

chgonyer is offline Old Salt
    Thanks

Its strange to me the differences between companies and and pay, especially union companies. i.e. an
    AB/Tankerman sailing SIU at company A makes 100 a day less than an AB/Tankerman sailing SIU at company B.
    Shouldn't they be at least close if not the same? I have been around long enough to know there are some differences between a Capt pushing a single barge in the river and one driving an ATB up and down the west coast, but in the same categories the pay should be the same. Just my chumpass 2 cents worth.
    Share on Facebook

hawzpiper is offline gCaptain Crew
    Thanks

i have 2 cousins that are ab's at harvey gulf both making 360
    Share on Facebook

Bayrunner is offline Top Contributer
    Thanks

I hope some pay raises make their way to the east coast. AB pay around here is 230 or less a day.
    Share on Facebook

Jeffrox is offline Top Contributer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chgonyer View Post
    Its strange to me the differences between companies and and pay, especially union companies. i.e. an
    AB/Tankerman sailing SIU at company A makes 100 a day less than an AB/Tankerman sailing SIU at company B.
    Shouldn't they be at least close if not the same? I have been around long enough to know there are some differences between a Capt pushing a single barge in the river and one driving an ATB up and down the west coast, but in the same categories the pay should be the same. Just my chumpass 2 cents worth.
    Each company does it's own "collective barganing", sometimes the company gets the best of the conversation, sometimes the union does. When I worked in Hawaii in 2002, the OS/Cook on a Young Brothers tug made about the same as the 2nd mate on a Sause tug, both IBU union contracts.
    Share on Facebook

CaptHH is offline gCaptain Crew
    Thanks

Pay raise at CHOUEST was a slap to the face. Not even competitive with the rest of the gulf. I would like to be a fly on the wall when they tried to justify this raise, but u know how they do. CHOUEST will raise the bar when more people quit. Then they will have the highest paid. You get what u pay for !
    Share on Facebook

CaptRob1 is offline Old Salt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptHH View Post
    Pay raise at CHOUEST was a slap to the face. Not even competitive with the rest of the gulf. I would like to be a fly on the wall when they tried to justify this raise, but u know how they do. CHOUEST will raise the bar when more people quit. Then they will have the highest paid. You get what u pay for !
    Did they say how much it was? I am not sure what it is for non licensed personnel, but for licensed personnel I have heard good numbers.
    Share on Facebook

anchorman is offline Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRob1 View Post
    Did they say how much it was? I am not sure what it is for non licensed personnel, but for licensed personnel I have heard good numbers.
    I really want to know myself....since I must have helped plant the seeds on this one. After nearly 16 years with Chouest, then leaving 2 months ago, not just because of money, but other personal reasons, I am still curious all the same. Never know, I might be back making your coffee with my tail between my legs. I remember the last time around, those that left because of money had to sit out a year before being hired again, but I was lucky enough to get a ' would be welcomed back at any time' by the big man.

Whatever it is, good or bad, I certainly wouldn't be pushing numbers on gCaptain unless it was on the ECO website first. Better to leave full disclosure to the companies, and let the fair market value work itself out.
    "Captain standard operating procedure for decision making is to do what feels right to you at the time, and then to give logical sounding justifications for what you were already going to do anyway" -
    Share on Facebook

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast