Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pay scale

CaptHH is offline gCaptain Crew
    Thanks

Default Pay scale

So if anyone doesn't mine sharing with the group. What is the pay scale with the different OSV companies in the gulf paying captains. Trying to get the latest scoop. Raises anyone? Some of has not seen a raise in half a decade. Let's hear it.
    Share on Facebook

Ea$y Money is offline Old Salt
    Thanks

Default Re: Pay scale

Quote Originally Posted by CaptHH View Post
    So if anyone doesn't mine sharing with the group. What is the pay scale with the different OSV companies in the gulf paying captains. Trying to get the latest scoop. Raises anyone? Some of has not seen a raise in half a decade. Let's hear it.
    You should go in and demand a raise. That would make a several hundred out of work captains happy to at least have a crack at one job opening.

You must be working straight time and can't get news for the last year or so, or your company provides a spectacular prescription drugs benifits that you utilize to the fullest extent with reality altering medications.

Let us know how this works out.
    The time for taking all measures for a ship's safety is while still able to do so. Nothing is more dangerous than for a seaman to be grudging in taking precautions lest they turn out to have been unnecessary. Safety at sea for a thousand years has depended on exactly the opposite philosophy.
    Share on Facebook

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ea$y Money

You should go in and demand a raise. That would make a several hundred out of work captains happy to at least have a crack at one job opening.

You must be working straight time and can't get news for the last year or so, or your company provides a spectacular prescription drugs benifits that you utilize to the fullest extent with reality altering medications.

Wasn't looking for someone to feel sorry for. I was Asking an honest question not asking about your personal life. Your comment to this thread says it all.
    Share on Facebook

tengineer is offline Top Contributer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ea$y Money View Post

moronic response
    Share on Facebook

frogstomp81 is offline gCaptain Crew
    Thanks

Chouest was 535-570/day for OSV Captains last I heard. No raises since at least 2008.
    Share on Facebook

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frogstomp81
    Chouest was 535-570/day for OSV Captains last I heard. No raises since at least 2008.
    Heard that gol was at 735-750 and Otto candies was close to that. I was trying to get some clarity on this besides rumor.
    Share on Facebook

Louis is offline gCaptain Crew
    Thanks

simple phone call to the companies and ask what are you paying captains and are you hiring hear it right from them. that way you won't have to say you heard that from someone.
    Share on Facebook

CaptRob1 is offline Old Salt
    Thanks

I knew GOL was up there (pay wise) and Otto Candies has always been known to pay high, but depends what you are looking for. Unless things change, Otto Candies benefits package is not the best, and on a straight supply boats, they run without a cook. On a 220' they had a 6 man crew (that was a while back, not sure how it is now). One guy on bridge, one guy in engine room and one guy on deck. Compared to an ECO vessel, with about 8 to 12 on a vessel that size.

Not sure what type of benefits package GOL has.

Goes back to that ol' question, what is more important;

high pay, sub par equipment, under crewed, sub par benefits or

average pay, good equipment, crewed adequate, and decent benefits.

Now I am sure there are companies out there that have the complete package. And it is not to say that a company that pays high has sub par equipment. I believe Otto Candies has good equipment, from what I know and have heard.

It is just, what is more important?
    Share on Facebook

Tuglife77 is offline Just Browsing
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptHH

Heard that gol was at 735-750 and Otto candies was close to that. I was trying to get some clarity on this besides rumor.
    That's not true about GOL more like 325- 375 atleast as of a year or so ago why my dad left and they don't give the raises they tell ya you gonna get either.
    Share on Facebook

anchorman is offline Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tuglife77 View Post
    That's not true about GOL more like 325- 375 atleast as of a year or so ago why my dad left and they don't give the raises they tell ya you gonna get either.
    Are you talking about Gulf Offshore Logistics? They pay pretty decent, nothing close to what you posted unless you talking AB pay.
    "Captain standard operating procedure for decision making is to do what feels right to you at the time, and then to give logical sounding justifications for what you were already going to do anyway" -
    Share on Facebook

Jemplayer is online now Top Contributer
    Thanks

$325-$375 is 100 ton pay from my sources at GOL.
    Getting straight with Nate, because apparently getting right means your going to have to retake Nav Gen
    Share on Facebook

PR-9 is offline Old Salt
    Thanks

The rumor around the people I know is that GOL pays around $675 a day for 1600 ton Captains.
    Share on Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast