Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 18

Thread: Pay scale

  1. #1
    CaptHH's Avatar
    CaptHH is offline gCaptain Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    118
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 47 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Pay scale

    So if anyone doesn't mine sharing with the group. What is the pay scale with the different OSV companies in the gulf paying captains. Trying to get the latest scoop. Raises anyone? Some of has not seen a raise in half a decade. Let's hear it.

  2. #2
    Ea$y Money's Avatar
    Ea$y Money is offline Old Salt
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bayou Self
    Posts
    416
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 244 Times in 126 Posts

    Default Re: Pay scale

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptHH View Post
    So if anyone doesn't mine sharing with the group. What is the pay scale with the different OSV companies in the gulf paying captains. Trying to get the latest scoop. Raises anyone? Some of has not seen a raise in half a decade. Let's hear it.
    You should go in and demand a raise. That would make a several hundred out of work captains happy to at least have a crack at one job opening.

    You must be working straight time and can't get news for the last year or so, or your company provides a spectacular prescription drugs benifits that you utilize to the fullest extent with reality altering medications.

    Let us know how this works out.
    The price of freedom is personal responsibility.

  3. #3
    CaptHH's Avatar
    CaptHH is offline gCaptain Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    118
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 47 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ea$y Money

    You should go in and demand a raise. That would make a several hundred out of work captains happy to at least have a crack at one job opening.

    You must be working straight time and can't get news for the last year or so, or your company provides a spectacular prescription drugs benifits that you utilize to the fullest extent with reality altering medications.

    Let us know how this works out.
    Wasn't looking for someone to feel sorry for. I was Asking an honest question not asking about your personal life. Your comment to this thread says it all.

  4. #4
    tengineer is offline Top Contributer
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida, Texas, Caribbean and Singapore
    Posts
    838
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 331 Times in 184 Posts

    Default Re: Pay scale

    Quote Originally Posted by Ea$y Money View Post
    You should go in and demand a raise. That would make a several hundred out of work captains happy to at least have a crack at one job opening.

    You must be working straight time and can't get news for the last year or so, or your company provides a spectacular prescription drugs benifits that you utilize to the fullest extent with reality altering medications.

    Let us know how this works out.
    moronic response

  5. #5
    frogstomp81 is offline gCaptain Crew
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Chouest was 535-570/day for OSV Captains last I heard. No raises since at least 2008.

  6. #6
    CaptHH's Avatar
    CaptHH is offline gCaptain Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    118
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 47 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frogstomp81
    Chouest was 535-570/day for OSV Captains last I heard. No raises since at least 2008.
    Heard that gol was at 735-750 and Otto candies was close to that. I was trying to get some clarity on this besides rumor.

  7. #7
    Louis is offline gCaptain Crew
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 13 Posts

    Default Re: Pay scale

    simple phone call to the companies and ask what are you paying captains and are you hiring hear it right from them. that way you won't have to say you heard that from someone.

  8. #8
    CaptRob1 is offline Old Salt
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Down The Bayou, LA
    Posts
    251
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts

    Default Re: Pay scale

    I knew GOL was up there (pay wise) and Otto Candies has always been known to pay high, but depends what you are looking for. Unless things change, Otto Candies benefits package is not the best, and on a straight supply boats, they run without a cook. On a 220' they had a 6 man crew (that was a while back, not sure how it is now). One guy on bridge, one guy in engine room and one guy on deck. Compared to an ECO vessel, with about 8 to 12 on a vessel that size.

    Not sure what type of benefits package GOL has.

    Goes back to that ol' question, what is more important;

    high pay, sub par equipment, under crewed, sub par benefits or

    average pay, good equipment, crewed adequate, and decent benefits.

    Now I am sure there are companies out there that have the complete package. And it is not to say that a company that pays high has sub par equipment. I believe Otto Candies has good equipment, from what I know and have heard.

    It is just, what is more important?

  9. #9
    Tuglife77 is offline Just Browsing
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptHH

    Heard that gol was at 735-750 and Otto candies was close to that. I was trying to get some clarity on this besides rumor.
    That's not true about GOL more like 325- 375 atleast as of a year or so ago why my dad left and they don't give the raises they tell ya you gonna get either.

  10. #10
    anchorman is online now Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,990
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 419 Times in 221 Posts

    Default Re: Pay scale

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuglife77 View Post
    That's not true about GOL more like 325- 375 atleast as of a year or so ago why my dad left and they don't give the raises they tell ya you gonna get either.
    Are you talking about Gulf Offshore Logistics? They pay pretty decent, nothing close to what you posted unless you talking AB pay.
    "Captain standard operating procedure for decision making is to do what feels right to you at the time, and then to give logical sounding justifications for what you were already going to do anyway" -

  11. #11
    Jemplayer's Avatar
    Jemplayer is offline Top Contributer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin TX
    Age
    33
    Posts
    882
    Thanks
    295
    Thanked 492 Times in 195 Posts

    Default Re: Pay scale

    $325-$375 is 100 ton pay from my sources at GOL.
    Winter is coming....

  12. #12
    PR-9's Avatar
    PR-9 is offline Old Salt
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 126 Times in 74 Posts

    Default

    gCaptain Maritime Jobs
    The rumor around the people I know is that GOL pays around $675 a day for 1600 ton Captains.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us
Privacy Policy 2015 Unofficial Networks LLC

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1