Thread: TWIC card still waiting guess will never get it?

james757 is offline gCaptain Crew Greenhorn
    Thanks

Default TWIC card still waiting guess will never get it?

You are supposed to get your card in 6/8 weeks well took them 12 weeks to tell me they needed more info. Guess they didn't see charges were dismissed when they did background check. Well I sent needed docs on Dec 20 the court papers showing these bogus charges were dismissed. I had 3 tickets and none been answered been longer then 30 days. TWIC help desk no help what is the point of them??

Your Status: Adjudication Processing - In Progress
    Adjudication processing has been scheduled with TSA. Due to the current backlog of cases, this process can take several weeks depending on your background and immigration status.

I know economy bad but would like my twic card so when things pick back up I can try and get a job back on water. Anyone else having problems???? BTW I applied in Oct
    Last edited by james757; April 8th, 2009 at 10:55 AM.
    Share on Facebook

james757 is offline gCaptain Crew Greenhorn
    Thanks

Default wow I finally got it !!!!!!1

<table class="cardStatus" border="0"><tbody><tr><td class="activationLabel">Your Status: </td> <td class="activationValue"> Card Issuance - Card Request Initiated
    Your TWIC application has been approved and a card production request has been submitted to the production facility.
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" valign="top" height="10"></td> </tr> <tr> <td class="activationLabel">Status Card Type: </td> <td class="activationValue">Original</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" valign="top" height="10"></td> </tr> <tr> <td class="activationLabel">Status Date: </td> <td class="activationValue"> April 22, 2009 - 10:35 AM EDT </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Share on Facebook

randall_wright87 is offline Just Browsing
    Thanks

Default Re: TWIC card still waiting guess will never get it?

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=activationValue>Your TWIC application has been approved and a card production request has been submitted to the production facility. </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2 height=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    does this mean its ready to pick up
    Share on Facebook

scottjk is offline gCaptain Greenhorn
    Thanks

I'm guessing no. My notification e-mail said quite specifically that my TWIC was ready for pick-up and that I needed to make an appointment to pick it up. The e-mail also provided a link for me to schedule an appointment. All of which I did.

From application to pick-up took me 3 weeks. On the other hand, I'm former military with a still current security clearance, so that might have made things go faster.

Best of luck...
    Share on Facebook

capt.gene is offline Just Browsing
    Thanks

Mine took about 6 weeks.But not until i made several trips to get it. Somehow, after I had gone down and did all the paper work and took the pic . I get an email saying it was ready.. Another 250 mile round trip I go to get it and they don't have it. what a disaster..
    Share on Facebook

PMC
    PMC is offline Old Salt
    Thanks

I was to be notified by email when I was to pick up my card. I never was notified. When I called and was told my card had been ready for about a month I went to pick it up - at the address on the website - but the office had moved.

Three weeks ago I went to the REC to see about some info in my file. I had to make an on-line appointment a week in advance. I stated the purpose of my visit in my email (as requested) and then got to the REC at 1030 hours - and I was the first person of the day to sign in. When I said that I was there to check something about my sea-time letter in file I was told that my file was now in West Virginia and that they did not have that info. Hmmmm.... I wish I had been told that a month earlier when I walked into the REC and asked face-to-face how I could confirm something about an old sea time letter.

Two weeks ago I called NMC to ask about using a foreign-issued crowd control certificate. I was told, over the phone: "absolutely not". I felt that the woman on the phone was not listening to me. I did not think she was answering the question I was asking. And she would not admit that she did not understand what I was asking.

So..... I sent an email to the NMC stating my question. And I got a very timely written response - from a person with a last name and a telephone number - answering my question with the opposite answer that I had gotten verbally the very same day.

I do think that things are much better than they were a year ago at NMC. But there still is little quality control regarding "advice" you get over the phone from the people at NMC with no last names!
    Share on Facebook