Much of the color change we see on video is the change in angle and distance of the cameras and lighting. There was no kill pumping in the morning as there was not CG approval until the afternoon.
Details of todays events as told by someone who understands what they were looking at.
1) Arose @ 6:30 & had 2 big cups of coffee with sweet-n-low.
2) Turned on news on CNN due to disappointment that FOX said screw the gulf coast today.
3) Heard word that BP had been running tests throughout the night & hadn't seen anything on video until 1:00 A.M. So I figured they were just checking hydraulic valves on choke & kill lines.
4) CNN gives news that BP will wait to pump top kill until later in the morning.
5) I have the news on watching CNN do reports from Fourchon when I see the flow coming out of 21" start to increase & change color form black & smoky on top to distinct brown. I call my son & wife & say they are pumping on the well.
6) I get on this thread & let people know there is definite change in flow coming out of the 21" riser which can be researched on my previous threads.
7) I continue to watch the massive increase in flow out of the 21" telling me they are doing some heavy pumping into the well head causing the well to be overtaken by the pump rate thereby alllowing the mud to be pumped downhole.
8) At sometime that can be traced to my previous posts I could see they went from barite to cement based on the color of the returns. Anyone who has any oilfield experience knows that the colors in returns are one of the standards used in well monitoring.
9) Sometime between 0915 Hrs. & 09:50 Hrs. I visually detected the slowing of pumping rates & the slowing of rates to almost zero returns, at which time I became convinced the well was plugged or very close. That sense of euphoria lasted about 30 seconds. Then I saw the return rates speed up immediately. the vision of cement then barite coming out of the riser I watching made me sick. Then it made me cry. Why would someone who is anonymous, someone who wanted this well plugged as much as anyone lie? Why would they make this up or hallucinate because of their desire for the well to be plugged? The answer is simple. They wouldn't. I wanted the top kill to work as much as anyone.
I did warn, however, that it was a one shot deal & there would be no redo. I saw the big show this afternoon & it wasn't 20 minutes into it that BP decided to turn off our only discernable view of success. Why would they do that? Why would they hide again? Why would they not inform the public of their pumping operation this morning? Now they say it is too early to tell if the top kill worked. At the rates they are having to pump to vercome flow rate, it would only take a few minutes to fill the casing annuls & begin placing mud into the formation once they overcame flow. They would be able to tell by the pumping pressure if they were overcoming. They could easily have informed us by now if they are pumping into the formation or else why did we wait so long for simulations & tests to be run, which I didn't see this morning? I will be more than willing to admit I am a pschopathic hallucinating pathological liar if anyone can give a good reason why.
I did not hide 5 hours of vital rig data which fills in all the blanks on the evening of 4-20-10.
I have not been dishonest about the rate of flow from this well since then. I did not tell the EPA to stuff it when they warned my company to quit using Corexit. I don't know what heck is going on, but I do know what I saw.
I am anonymous & gain nothing from lying, misleading, hiding, covering up, or fingerpointing.
But I know someone who does. I will say this for the record. BP will not exixt in the United States in 6 months. I could have taken them coming clean & saying we gave it our best, but this whole thing is now a joke that is being perpetrated upon this country & the results will be animosity toward this whole industry, which isn't right.