Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harvey Gulf buys ACO (Unconfirmed) -Update (Confirmed)

Irishpirate78 is offline Just Browsing
    Thanks

Default Harvey Gulf buys ACO (Unconfirmed) -Update (Confirmed)

Listening to the radio this morning and I heard several boats talking about the Harvey/ACO buyout finally happened. Same thing being said by everyone around Fourchon. Anyone got the inside track to confirm?
    Share on Facebook

ryanwood86 is offline Top Contributer
    Thanks

Yea I hear it was a done deal, just a little paperwork to get finished up and it looks like it got done. The DP 1 boats will be sold off.....maybe that's why the "action" on the Hornbeck DP1 boats dried up.
    Share on Facebook

rigdvr is offline Top Contributer
    Thanks

Whoever theorized about Harvey posturing for a big payday via IPO is looking like a genius at this point. What else could explain some of the moves they are making? Just showing "market share" on paper.
    Share on Facebook

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rigdvr For This Useful Post:

charlottehard (September 12th, 2013), threewhistles (September 9th, 2013), z-drive (September 8th, 2013)

ryanwood86 is offline Top Contributer
    Thanks

So now will there be an Infant Guidry of Galliano?
    Share on Facebook

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ryanwood86 For This Useful Post:

boatengineer (September 8th, 2013), coldduck (September 8th, 2013), kzoo pilot (September 9th, 2013), Traitor Yankee (September 8th, 2013)

Traitor Yankee is online now Old Salt
    Thanks

Default re: Harvey Gulf buys ACO (Unconfirmed) -Update (Confirmed)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanwood86 View Post
    my girlfriend has no idea why I am laughing, I tried to explain it, still looking at me funny. Only in the oil patch.
    Share on Facebook

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Traitor Yankee For This Useful Post:

kzoo pilot (September 9th, 2013), ryanwood86 (September 8th, 2013)

stick is offline gCaptain Crew
    Thanks

so I guess there is no reason to apply for employment with ACO unless you just hold a 100 ton
    Share on Facebook

BilgeRat42 is offline gCaptain Crew
    Thanks

I'm looking forward to seeing "St. Joseph the Hustler" coming up the channel.
    Share on Facebook

z-drive is offline Top Contributer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rigdvr
    Whoever theorized about Harvey posturing for a big payday via IPO is looking like a genius at this point. What else could explain some of the moves they are making? Just showing "market share" on paper.
    Inevitable! Then they will slash dayrates as the fat cats on the board will refuse to pay someone with a HS diploma excess of six figures when that money could be going in their pockets instead. Joe boss baby! Here's to hoping that wont happen but strange things can happen when you're suddenly public.
    Last edited by z-drive; September 9th, 2013 at 02:45 AM.
    Share on Facebook

Saltine is offline gCaptain Crew
    Thanks

Yea I hear it was a done deal, just a little paperwork to get finished up and it looks like it got done. The DP 1 boats will be sold off.....maybe that's why the "action" on the Hornbeck DP1 boats dried up.
    After talking to various sources the 200' DP-1 market has seen a decrease in day rates lately. They're down to the $10,500-13,000/day range whereas HOS was getting much higher for the vessels recently. In my opinion they were only taking jobs with super high day rates to have good numbers to show potential buyers. Day rates for mariners has affected this class of vessel more than anything else over the last year or so. They need 1600T guys, DP Certs, STCW, etc.... but you're pulling from the same pool of guys that are capable of working on a much bigger vessels for $800/day plus. To be profitable the licensed officers on these boats need to be in the $500/day range.

I think its only a matter of time, middle of next year, that Harvey Gulf goes public. Too much money being spent on acquisitions, dock facilities and new builds for that size company.
    Share on Facebook

Capnklump is offline gCaptain Crew
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saltine

After talking to various sources the 200' DP-1 market has seen a decrease in day rates lately. They're down to the $10,500-13,000/day range whereas HOS was getting much higher for the vessels recently. In my opinion they were only taking jobs with super high day rates to have good numbers to show potential buyers. Day rates for mariners has affected this class of vessel more than anything else over the last year or so. They need 1600T guys, DP Certs, STCW, etc.... but you're pulling from the same pool of guys that are capable of working on a much bigger vessels for $800/day plus. To be profitable the licensed officers on these boats need to be in the $500/day range.

I think its only a matter of time, middle of next year, that Harvey Gulf goes public. Too much money being spent on acquisitions, dock facilities and new builds for that size company.
    I'm not saying they wont go public, but look how big Chouest has become, & still privately owned.. Of course Gary has not gone to the extent Shane has on "vessel" aquisitions. But there are many variables to consider.
    Share on Facebook

rigdvr is offline Top Contributer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Capnklump

I'm not saying they wont go public, but look how big Chouest has become, & still privately owned.. Of course Gary has not gone to the extent Shane has on "vessel" aquisitions. But there are many variables to consider.
    I don't believe Gary used investment firms to the extent Shane is either. I know of some limited deals that got him out of a hard spot but if I'm reading the releases right, Harvey is growing primarily of outside investors?
    Share on Facebook

z-drive is offline Top Contributer
    Thanks

Apples to oranges. Harvey is highly leveraged by outside investors; no reason to build market share and take on all that debt unless public is the goal.
    Share on Facebook

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to z-drive For This Useful Post:

Jemplayer (September 9th, 2013), Traitor Yankee (September 9th, 2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast