AB (watch or day) Base $39120 OT Rate $32.42 PT Rate $11.46
OS (day) Base $32532 OT Rate $26.98 PT Rate $11.71
OS (watch) Base $27316 OT Rate $22.64 PT Rate $ 8.87
Wiper Base $ 32532 OT rate $ 26.96 PT Rate $ 8.87
Other Benefits.....wow, where do I start:
- great federal health care choices, life insurance, TSP (now offers ROTH), FERS retirement
- lots of OT, you can always work the weekends, that at least give you 32 hours OT/pay period
- travel to and from ship paid for
- free work boots
- free work clothes
- free cold weather gear
- free knives, multi-tools, and flashlights (pelican/surefire...what do you like?)
- Shop at NEX Privileges (cheapest booze around)
- free medicine/medical care on ship
- free rides to Wal-Mart, NEX, Target, airport, AppleBees, bus station, your doctor office, and anywhere else you can think of
- High speed internet at sea
- Free DirectTV / AFN TV in your room
- Free satellite phones to use while at sea
- You are free to quit a ship/get fired/medical discharge whenever you like with no penalty...just head back to
CIVMAR pool and you will be on another ship soon...nothing to worry about.
- You will never be fired
- Great job satisfaction, knowing you are serving your country.
I forgot to mention a few amazing CIVMAR benefits: - Free renewal of MMC / MMD / USCG License - Free classes for Radar Renewal & Tankerman PIC - Free STCW classes, Lifeboatman, Med PIC - Free Passports, both Blue & Red - Free classes for upgrade from Unlicensed to 3rd Mate & 3rd A/E (you will be reimbursed for all expenses) - Funny thing...MSC will not pay for your TWIC - Free DP Class in Houston (get endorsement then quit MSC, go work on a cool DrillShip) - Put your shoes on the correct foot for 1 week (work week, no Sat/Sun) and most Chief Mates will put you in for a cash award, anywhere from $500 - $2000 - Canal Transit budget can be used to make cool custom t-shirts for your ship - Free, Free, Free, come one, come all, it's the big top circus !!!
Have you heard any rumors about sequestration/hiring freezes with this fiscal cliff nightmare? I am preparing my package for the jr Eng open announcement but now I'm concerned they will slam the door on hiring now...thanks.