Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Credential Return Time

PaddyWest2012 is offline Top Contributer
    Thanks

Default Credential Return Time

Hey Guys,
    I was just wondering, what have people been experiencing lately with the NMC for a general turn-around period on credentials/upgrades, etc.? I'm not really in a hurry at the moment I'm just sort of curious about when I might expect to hear something from the good old USCG. I put in for an upgrade and a new endorsement about 3 weeks or a month ago roughly. According to the "homeport" website, where you can track your application progress, they only just got my application into their system yesterday. I'm sure I won't have my hands on the goods for many more weeks to come but I wanted to see what you fine gentlemen have been getting from them recently.

- PaddyWest
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..."
    As I was a walkin' down London Road I come to Paddy West's house. He gave me a feed of "American hash" and he called it "Liverpool Scouse". He said, "There's a ship who's wantin' hands, and on 'er ye'll quickly sign! The mate is a bastard, the bos'un's worse but she will suit ye' fine!
    Share on Facebook

brjones is offline Top Contributer
    Thanks

I just upgraded my license. Emailed all docs on Dec 12 and had license in hand around the 15th of Jan. it took 3 weeks for the REC to forward my stuff to NMC. Straightforward upgrade and no testing.
    Share on Facebook

Thanks

Just checked and it was the 12th I got my license. So it took a month including the 3 week wait for the REC. hope that gives an idea. Also I was told that the REC'a were backed up, but the NMC pushed it right through
    Share on Facebook

Thanks

Default Re: Credential Return Time

Quote Originally Posted by brjones View Post
    Just checked and it was the 12th I got my license. So it took a month including the 3 week wait for the REC. hope that gives an idea. Also I was told that the REC'a were backed up, but the NMC pushed it right through
    Good to know, thanks for filling me in. Since the REC just got mine yesterday I guess I'm looking at about a month or so from now till I have it in hand. I also heard myself that processing-wise they have been pretty backed up lately so I won't be holding my breath for results any time soon.
    As I was a walkin' down London Road I come to Paddy West's house. He gave me a feed of "American hash" and he called it "Liverpool Scouse". He said, "There's a ship who's wantin' hands, and on 'er ye'll quickly sign! The mate is a bastard, the bos'un's worse but she will suit ye' fine!
    Share on Facebook

New3M is online now Top Contributer
    Thanks

3 weeks to get from the REC to the NMC?? Where did you send it? I sent my packet to Boston on the 16th and it's already through Medical at the NMC as of today. A woman at the NMC told me that New Orleans and Miami had a big backlog though.
    Share on Facebook

Thanks

Oakland, CA
    Share on Facebook

BargeMonkey is offline Old Salt
    Thanks

Its taking 3-4 weeks with no issues for approvals and upgrades. Just jumped thru the hoops again up to Boston.
    Share on Facebook

kfj
    kfj is offline Old Salt
    Thanks

I'm at 2 and a half weeks and REC Charleston hasn't sent mine to the NMC.
    Share on Facebook

Thanks

I don't know who that guy is that went from REC Boston to the NMC in 9 days but I'd like to be him right now. My application has been languishing in Boston since the 23rd, and that was around 3 weeks or a month after I sent it in. Not the longest wait by any means, but I wish they'd get off their hind quarters.
    Share on Facebook

kfj
    kfj is offline Old Salt
    Thanks

When I spoke to NMC last week they said a few REC are a week or two behind due to some internal changes
    Share on Facebook

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kfj For This Useful Post:

PaddyWest2012 (February 4th, 2013)

Thanks

Just received an email from the USCG a few moments ago saying that my application has been forwarded from REC Boston to the NMC! Saddle up boys, we're on the move!
    Share on Facebook

New3M is online now Top Contributer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyWest2012
    I don't know who that guy is that went from REC Boston to the NMC in 9 days but I'd like to be him right now. My application has been languishing in Boston since the 23rd, and that was around 3 weeks or a month after I sent it in. Not the longest wait by any means, but I wish they'd get off their hind quarters.
    That's me, but don't feel bad. The NMC is claiming that my certificates for STAR Center aren't good enough so I'm in a big run around with my evaluator. Apparently this isn't the first time this person doesn't like STAR Center certificates.
    Share on Facebook

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast