Thread: Advice/opinions about Tidewater (the one in WA, not the Gulf/offshore company)

Velella is offline Just Browsing
    Thanks

Default Advice/opinions about Tidewater (the one in WA, not the Gulf/offshore company)

Hi all. I've been reading through gCaptain in search of info regarding Tidewater Barge Lines, and have found a lot of folks talking about what seems to be another company of the same name (Tidewater Marine). I haven't seen any references to the Vancouver, WA-based Tidewater, and wondered if anyone here has worked for them (especially as a deck mechanic) and is willing to share their thoughts.
    Share on Facebook

shaq is offline gCaptain Crew
    Thanks

Default Re: Advice/opinions about Tidewater (the one in WA, not the Gulf/offshore company)

They're a fine company. Largest on the Columbia river and well equipped. They are union if that matters to you.
    I know a few guys there though and they're all happy
    Share on Facebook

Velella is offline Just Browsing
    Thanks

Default Re: Advice/opinions about Tidewater (the one in WA, not the Gulf/offshore company)

Hi Shaq,
    Thanks for the info. I had a good impression of them from interviews - safety-oriented and low turnover. I'm starting as an apprentice there in April, and am hoping to learn something about the work environment before getting dumped in at the deep end.
    Share on Facebook