Rolls-Royce announced today they have won a £24 million order to design and equip four platform supply vessels (PSVs) for Brazilian ship owner Bravante Group, former Navegação São Miguel Ltda.
The UT 775 SE PSVs are designed to carry deck cargo, pipes and diesel oil to and from offshore oil and gas platforms and they will be chartered by Petrobras. Bravante Group will build the vessels at their ship yard in Niteroi, Brazil, as they have done for previous orders.
Anders Almestad, Rolls-Royce, President-Offshore said:
“This is an important contract to Rolls-Royce that consolidates our strong support of the growth in Brazil’s offshore oil and gas industry. Our bespoke integrated power and propulsion systems are optimised for each individual ship’s intended operational environment. We are very pleased that Bravante Group has again chosen these technologically-advanced Rolls-Royce PSVs to meet the challenges of deepwater operations off the coast of Brazil.”
In addition to the design, Rolls-Royce will supply a wide range of onboard equipment including Azipull and bow thrusters, deck machinery, a bulk handling system, Active Front End (AFE) frequency converters, automation and control systems and a dynamic positioning system.
Following the successful delivery of the Rolls-Royce designed Mar Limpo II on schedule to Petrobras in August, Bravante Group now has eight Rolls-Royce vessels under construction at their São Miguel shipyard.
Det norske Veritas +1A1, Offshore Service Vessel Supply, E0, DK(+), DYNPOS DPS2
- L.O.A. approx. 87.90 m
- L.P.P. 79.60 m
- Breadth moulded 19.00 m
- Depth main deck 8.00 m
- Design draft 6.50 m
- Max. draft ref. Petrobras req. 6.50 m
- Vessel speed d=4.0 m, approx. 15 knots
- Service speed d=6.5 m, above 13 knots
- Ref. Petrobras requirement
Tonnage – Capacities
- Ballast Water approx. 2300 m3
- Domestic Fresh Water approx. 280 m3
- Domestic Fuel Oil approx. 430 m3
- S1-Diesel oil 96 % approx. 1850 m3
- S2-Diesel oil 96 % approx. 1850 m3
- Slop approx. 50 m3
- Volumes for S1 and S2 requirements presented above are with 96% filling.
- Weight (cog @ 1m above MD) approx. 2800 t
- Cargo deck area approx. 855 m2
- Deadweight at design draught approx. 4500 t
- Gross Tonnage (1969) approx. 4000 GRT
- Two bow thrusters TT 1850 DNP CP, 2×746 kW
- Main / Em. /Harbour gen. sets
- Four off Main gen. sets 2250 ekW each,690 V,60 Hz
- One off Em. gen. set, approx 238 ekW, 690 V, 60 Hz
- One off Harbour gen set.approx 244 kW,690 V,60 Hz
- Two off Rolls-Royce Azipull 100FP azimuth thrusters.
- Prime mover 2500 kW each, 690 V, 60Hz.
- Two stockless bow anchors of Spek type
- Stud link anchor chains with dimension according to
- class requirements.
- Two Anchor windlass
- Two Capstans, 9 T pull
- Two Tugger winches, 6 T pull
- Deck crane
- One Telescopic boom deck crane 2,0 t @ 10-18 m
- Two off cargo Diesel oil systems (S1 and S2).
- S1: 2 off 150 m3/hr discharge pumps.
- S2: 2 off 150 m3/hr discharge pumps.
- 250 m3/hr filling rate
- One off Slop/tank stripping system
- Aft: Port and starboard Side
- Midship: Port and starboard side
The vessel to have accommodation and equipment for 21 persons.
Life saving equipment
The vessel to have safety equipment according to SOLAS for 21 persons. One SOLAS approved MOB with dedicated davit